Model Tested: Zebra TC77HL-5ME24BG-NA TC77
- Great scanning range with the SE4750 1D/2D Imager
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core, 2.2 GHz CPU and 4GB RAM / 32GB Flash Memory handles TracerPlus and any other application easily.
- 4.7 in. High Definition (1280 x 720); exceptionally bright, perfect for outdoor usage
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, 2x2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE Connectivity options
- Backwards compatible with any TC7 series accessories
- Android 8.1 Oreo GMS OS
- 13MP Rear & 5MP Front Camera
- Quite rugged, multiple 6 ft./1.8 m drop to concrete across full operating temperature range, multiple 8 ft./2.4 m drop to concrete at room temperature per MIL-STD 810G and IP67 and IP65 sealed. Virtually water/drop/dust/tumble proof.
- Scan buttons on both sides of the device now
- No improvements to battery life. Granted it was fine before, but we would have liked to see more.
- Still a bit more expensive than devices with similar specifications
- If you didn’t like the TC70/75 you may not like this. Not much has been innovated.
The Zebra TC72/77 is the direct successor to the popular TC70/75 model Android Barcode Scanner from Zebra Technologies. If you were a fan of the TC70 or TC75 previously, you will be happy to hear that there have been a sizable number of improvements to performance while maintaining many of the same great features. Performance has been increased across the board with upgrades to 4GB RAM / 32GB Flash memory, and the new 2.2GHz CPU. The TC72/77 is also as rugged as ever, and best of all with the same form factor as the old TC7 series devices you can continue using your same accessories. On top of all that, Zebra added a scan button to the right side of the device, which has made it significantly easier to scan for many users. So if you liked the TC7 series, the TC72/77 is a superb choice for a more modern version of a classic device.