Model Tested: Zebra TC720L-0ME24B0-NA Barcode Scanner
- 4.7 in. High Definition (1280 x 720); exceptionally bright, great for outdoor usage
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, 2x2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE Connectivity options
- Backwards compatible with all TC7 series accessories
- Android 8.1 Oreo GMS OS
- Great scanning range with the SE4750 1D/2D Imager
- 13MP Rear and 5MP Front Camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core, 2.2 GHz CPU and 4GB RAM / 32GB Flash Memory handles TracerPlus and anything else with ease
- Quite rugged, multiple 6 ft./1.8 m drop to concrete across full operating temperature range, multiple 8 ft./2.4 m drop to concrete at room temperature per MIL-STD 810G and IP67 and IP65 sealed. Virtually water/drop/dust/tumble proof.
- Scan buttons on both sides of the device now
- No improvements to battery life. Granted it was fine before, but we would have liked to see more.
- Still slightly more expensive than similar devices
- If you didn’t like the TC70/75 you may not like this. Not much has been innovated.
The Zebra TC72/77 is the direct successor to the popular TC70/75 model Android Device from Zebra Technologies. If you were a fan of the old TC70 or TC75 you will be happy to hear that there have been a fair number of improvements while maintaining many of the same great features. Performance has been increased significantly with upgrades to 4GB RAM / 32GB Flash memory, and the new 2.2GHz CPU. The TC72/77 is as rugged as ever, and with the same form factor as the old TC7 series devices you can continue using your same accessories. On top of all that, Zebra added a scan button to the right side of the device, which has made it significantly easier to reach for many users. So if you liked the TC7 series, the TC72/77 is a great choice for a more modern version of a classic device.