Model Tested: TC520K-1PEZU4P-FT TC52 Barcode Scanner
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, 2x2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE Connectivity options
- Good scanning range with its SE4710 1D/2D Imager Scan Engine
- Large and vibrant 5.0 inch display, perfect for outdoor usage
- Backwards compatible with all existing TC51/56 accessories
- Android 8.1 Oreo GMS OS
- 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera
- Multiple 4 ft. /1.2 m drop to tile over concrete per MILSTD at room temperature, increases to 6ft drops to concrete with rugged boot accessory
- Scan button located on either side of the scanner makes it accessible with the index finger and the thumb at a comfortable angle for scanning
- If you didn’t like the TC51/56 you may not like this. Not much has been innovated.
- Cradle still requires power in order to connect to PC via USB MTP, just like the TC51
The Zebra TC52/57 is the direct successor to the popular TC51/56 model Android Barcode Scanner from Zebra Technologies. Any user who is a fan of the TC51/56 will immediately see the familiarity in design and form factor. Don't be fooled by appearance though, large improvements have been made both ram & flash memory with both doubled from 2GB to 4GB, and 16GB to 32GB respectively. With those upgrades the TC52/57 easily handled all aspects of TracerPlus quickly and effectively. A fantastic advantage of the device having the same form factor as its' predecessors is that all of the accessories for the TC51/56 are backwards compatible for the TC52/57, so there is no need for you to buy new accessories. So if you were a fan of the TC51/56, the TC52/57 is a great choice for a more modern version of that classic device.