Samsung Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a small, lightweight mobile device from the popular Samsung device line of the same name. While it may not be rugged, it's sleek form factor and power deceptive of its size is more than capable of performing any task you need of it. While it is not a dedicated scanning device you can still scan barcodes with its built in camera, and it handles any entry form and more.
Model Tested: SVG900V w/ Android 6.0 Marshmallow
What we like about it:
- 16mp rear camera and 2mp front camera
- Everything you'd expect from a mobile device, Wi-Fi, NFC, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, 4G LTE, 2gb RAM, 16 or 32 GB Flash memory.
- USB 3.0
- Great bright and colorful screen resolution at 1920x1080
- Small and lightweight
- Long battery life
What we don't like about it:
- No integrated scanner, have to use camera.
- Not very rugged
- No peripherals like trigger or physical keypad.
- Difficult to remove battery.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a small, powerful mobile device that you can use to fill out forms or even scan barcodes if you really have to. It is a dedicated mobile phone however it is more than capable of handling any data entry or other apps that you need of it and will do so for a long time with its battery. Unfortunately it is not a particularly rugged device, and scanning barcodes is inconvenient due to not being a dedicated scanning device. However it is small and powerful and runs TracerPlus effortlessly.