Partner Tech EM-100 Rugged Android Tablet
Whether you are looking for a tablet for line busting, in-aisle customer assisting, or point of sale (POS) capabilities for your field sales or service team, Partner Tech’s Android-based EM-100 Enterprise Tablet is a good choice.
Device Reviewed: 8903661030011 w/ Android 5.0.2 - View Full Specs
What we like about it:
- Lots of features (2D Imager, Front and Rear Camera, Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, High Resolution Display, Handstrap, IP65, 8060mAh battery).
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue.
- Rugged tablet that feels solid in a consumer-friendly form factor.
- NFC scanner located on front which is nice for wall or stand mounted installs.
- Optional POS base w/ Power and Ethernet enables you to use the tablet as a Kiosk.
What we didn't like about it:
- File Browser app not included by default on our model and was not able to download our apk directly to the device (Saving as a .txt file). This makes it difficult to install software and do any file manipulation on the device that is sometimes needed in our TracerPlus software.
- Back scan button doesn’t seem to be as responsive as the side scan button.
- Felt like I had to really tap the screen to get it to react in some cases. This could be result of multi touch capability.
Things to Note:
- Drop down data not deploying via MTP method and requires use of Web Deploy. This is most likely a file system refresh issue in windows.
- For_Import folder not accessible and Exported folder not always showing up in Windows Explorer when device is connected. This is most likely a file system refresh issue in windows.
The Partner Tech EM-100 sports a pretty extensive feature list including a 2D Imager, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, front/rear cameras and a large battery. The tablet feels solid when holding and is evident by its 1M drop spec and IP65 sealing and the ability to pop this into a POS base is a nice feature. TracerPlus looks and runs well on this device. We only wish they included a File Browser on all devices to facilitate the install and functionality some apps require. We would recommend this device to anyone looking for a rugged tablet for enterprise applications inside the 4 walls and would be useful in a Kiosk type application.
Learn more about the Partner Tech EM-100 Rugged Android Tablet