English · español
Review of the Panasonic FZ-X1 Touchpad with Android OS
The Panasonic FZ-X1 TOUGHPAD brings together the best of a mobile computer, smartphone and barcode scanner into an ultra rugged 5" phablet that is designed for transportation & logistics, postal services, defense, emergency & public safety, utilities, retail and manufacturing applications.
Device Reviewed: FZ-X1ABAAZZM (5" HD, Android 4.2.2, 1.7GHz Quad Core, 2GB/32GB, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE Voice/Data, GPS, Bluetooth, 8MP Camera, NFC, 2D Barcode Scanner) - View Full Specs
What we like about it:
- Excellent scanning performance with its 2D Barcode Imager.
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue and no problems deploying projects via MTP.
- Ultra rugged design in a small and lightweight form factor allows for 10ft drops, submersion in water and even has a built in heater for cold environments.
- Lots of features including 802.11ac, 4G LTE, NFC, 2D Scanner, Camera and GPS.
- Excellent and snappy device speed throughout the Android OS and our TracerPlus software, one of the best we've seen.
What we didn't like about it:
- Some may balk at the price tag however you are getting a lot of features and ruggedness for the price and is well worth it in our opinion.
The Panasonic FZ-X1 TOUGHPAD is an Ultra-rugged Android device packed with loads of features in a small and lightweight form factor. When using with TracerPlus we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue. Device performance was excellent with its quad core processor and 2GB of ram and should handle any application with ease.
Learn more about the Panasonic FZ-X1 Toughpad