Janam XM5 Barcode Terminal w/ Windows Embedded Handheld
With support for Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 OS, the Janam XM5 Mobile Barcode Scanner delivers all the key features required by enterprises, inside and outside the four walls.
Model Tested: XM5-ZQKLRDGV00
- Very good scanning performance with its 1D Laser scanner.
- Mid-Level Cost device with lots of features (Scanner, Camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, HF RFID).
- Small, lightweight and rugged form factor.
- Good display and is readable in direct sunlight.
- The Period (.) key is a shifted key when using numbers. This makes it difficult to enter a decimal point when the number mode is on. This key should be have a shifted option.
- Stylus location on left side makes it difficult for right handed users. Cord is not long enough to feel comfortable using it.
- Some issues in TracerPlus we are seeing - Camera is not recognized, scanner is no longer natively supported and requires the scan wedge to be running, and TracerPlus Desktop is not retrieving the device ID.
The Janam XM5 is a rugged handheld with a lot of features. We like the light and rugged form factor and the scanner performed well. When using with TracerPlus we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue. We would like to have seen physical keys for the Android back, home and menu buttons and also felt the device is priced a little too high compared to some other devices that outperform it. There are some display related issues in our application as well however that is mostly on us to address for smaller screen resolutions.
Learn More about the Janam XM5 Windows Embedded Handheld Barcode Scanner