English · español
Review of the Nautiz X4 Rugged Handheld with Android OS
Merging ultimate mobility with true field functionality, the Nautiz X4 rugged handheld is a durable device designed with fieldworkers in mind. It’s loaded with features, it’s small and truly portable, and it offers a reliable solution for challenging worksite environments. The Nautiz X4 is offered with Android and Windows Embedded Handheld OS's.
Device Reviewed: NX4-1DGN-0-E (3.5" VGA, Android 4.2.2, 1GHz CPU, 512MB/1GB, Wi-Fi, 3G Voice/Data, GPS, Bluetooth, 5MP Camera, 1D Barcode Scanner, Numeric Keypad)
What we like about it:
- Very good scanning performance with its 1D Laser scanner.
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue and no problems deploying projects via MTP.
- Low Cost device with lots of features (Scanner, Camera, Wi-Fi, WAN, GPS).
- Small, lightweight and rugged form factor.
- Good device speed throughout the OS and our TracerPlus software.
What we didn't like about it:
- Stylus location on left side makes it difficult for right handed users. Cord is not long enough to feel comfortable using it.
- Android back, home and menu buttons located on screen instead of physical keyboard buttons for each. If you have a physical keyboard already, these buttons should be a part of it otherwise you are losing valuable screen real estate.
The handheld NAUTIZ X4 is a rugged handheld with a lot of features for a reasonable price. When using with our TracerPlus software we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue. There are some display related issues in our application however that is on us. If you are looking for a rugged, mid-level device, you should definitely give this device a look.
Learn more about the Nautiz X4 Rugged Handheld