English · español
CipherLab RS30 Barcode Terminal with Android OS
The CipherLab RS30 is an enterprise smartphone with an industrial design and we feel they really hit a home run with this one. CipherLab created the RS30 series to satisfy the needs of customer-facing mobile workers in field sales, field service, retail and healthcare industries. The RS30 series touch mobile computer is a rugged smart device with a touch-centric user interface just like any other smartphone out on the market today.
Device Reviewed: AS30U12BDBS01 (4.7" qHD, Android 4.4, 1.3GHz Quad Core, 1GB/8GB, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, WWAN, GPS, Bluetooth, 8MP Camera, NFC, 2D Barcode Scanner) - View Full Specs
What we like about it:
- Excellent scanning performance with its 2D Barcode Imager.
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue and no problems deploying projects via MTP.
- Rugged design with its 4ft drop to concrete spec while maintaining a similar size and feel of today’s larger smartphones.
- Lots of features including 4.7” QHD display, 802.11n, WAN, NFC, 2D Scanner, Camera and GPS for a low, low price.
- Excellent and snappy device speed throughout the Android OS and our TracerPlus software, one of the best we've seen.
What we didn't like about it:
- Doesn’t support 802.11ac Wi-Fi like some other devices.
The CipherLab RS30 Android barcode terminal is packed with loads of features at a very aggressive price point. It is comparable in size to the larger smartphones out there now with added ruggedness withstanding 4ft drops to concrete. When using with TracerPlus we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue. Device performance was excellent with its quad core processor and 1GB of ram and should handle any application with ease.
Learn more about the CipherLab RS30 Barcode Terminal