English · español
Review of the Bluebird RT100 Rugged Android Tablet
The Bluebird RT100 is a Versatile and durable 10.1-inch enterprise-class tablet with the added functionality of smart plug attachments for a bar code scanner, magnetic stripe reader, and a smart card reader.
Review Date: 5/24/2017
Device Reviewed: RT100-A3LA (10.1" HD Display, Android 4.4, 1.83GHz Quad Core CPU, 1GB RAM/16GB Flash, Wi-Fi, WAN, GPS, Bluetooth, 5MP Rear / 2MP Front Camera)
What we like about it:
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue and no problems deploying projects via MTP.
- Rugged design with its 4ft drop to concrete spec while maintaining a thin profile.
- Lots of features including 10.1” display, 802.11a/b/g/n, WAN, GPS, 5 MP Rear / 2MP Front Camera and Quad core cpu, all at a lower price point then comparable Zebra ET55.
- Excellent and snappy device speed throughout the Android OS and our TracerPlus software.
- Offers smart plug attachments for Barcode, MSR and smart card readers.
What we didn't like about it:
- NFC not supported natively and requires plug-in.
- Drop down data not deploying via MTP method and requires use of Web Deploy.
- File System refresh issue with some folders of our TracerPlus program. Seems to persist on all Bluebird devices.
- No wireless AC for faster Wi-Fi speeds.
The Bluebird R100 Rugged Android Tablet is packed with lots of features in a solid, rugged form factor. When using with our TracerPlus software we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue aside from drop down data. Tablet performance was excellent with its quad core processor and should handle any application with ease. We would like to have seen NFC supported natively without the use of an add on.
Learn more about the Bluebird RT100 Rugged Tablet