English · español
Review of the Bluebird EF500R Rugged Handheld with Android OS
The EF500R Rugged Android Device is Bluebird’s most rugged 5-inch touch mobile computer based on the latest display technology perfectly combining premium enterprise class mobility and rugged industrial design for use outdoors and in harsh industrial environments.
Review Date: 5/24/2017
Device Reviewed: EF500R-A4LD (5" HD Display, Android 5.1, 1.2GHz Quad Core CPU, 2GB RAM/16GB Flash, Wi-Fi, 4G Voice/Data, GPS, Bluetooth, 13MP Camera, 1D/2D Barcode Imager, NFC)
What we like about it:
- Excellent scanning performance with its 2D Barcode Imager.
- Runs our TracerPlus software without issue and no problems deploying projects via MTP.
- Rugged design with its 5ft drop to concrete spec while maintaining a smallish footprint.
- Lots of features including 5” display, 802.11a/b/g/n, WAN, NFC, 2D Scanner, 13 MP Camera and Quad core cpu.
- Excellent and snappy device speed throughout the Android OS and our TracerPlus software.
What we didn't like about it:
- Not intuitive to enable data wedge and add a carriage return after a scan event. Most devices we review have a dedicated app for data wedge and its settings whereas this device is accessed through BB settings among other things.
- Drop down data not deploying via MTP method and requires use of Web Deploy.
- File System refresh issue with some folders of our TracerPlus program. Seems to persist on all Bluebird devices.
- No wireless AC for faster Wi-Fi speeds.
The Bluebird EF500 Android barcode terminal is packed with loads of features in a solid, rugged form factor. When using with our TracerPlus software we found that all features worked as intended and deploying projects via MTP worked without issue aside from drop down data. Device performance was excellent with its quad core processor and 2GB of ram and should handle any application with ease.
Learn more about the Bluebird EF500R Rugged Handheld