Solving business problems with mobile applications
A closer look at the benefits of going mobile
In business, the best technology innovations help companies identify, automate, and simplify. Put another way, they help people and organizations solve problems.
Mobile applications are a prime example of this. These applications help companies across industries track assets and perform other key tasks by easily scanning barcodes and RFID tags. But they also do more than that. They help companies solve critical problems, like incomplete business data, errors in their data, inefficient processes, inconsistent work methods, or a lack of accountability in the workforce.
In this article we examine the ways mobile applications solve common business problems by providing better data, increased efficiency, and increased visibility.
Who uses mobile applications?
Companies across a wide range of industries are reaping the benefits of mobile apps:
- Law Enforcement
- Event marketing
What are mobile applications used for?
Companies use mobile applications for a wide range of activities and needs:
- Asset tracking of computers, vehicles, furniture, tools, medical equipment, retail supply, and much more
- Event attendance tracking through badge screening, and integration with CRM systems
- Inspections, including vehicular inspections for law enforcement, safety inspectors across industries, and other field inspectors
- Inventory audits and management
- Retail inventory management, price checks and markdowns
- Item transit tracking (route accounting)
With mobile applications, companies can improve their data collection, as well as the type of data collected. Mobile applications allow you to collect data that is:
- More accurate: Data collected through barcode and RFID mobile scanning applications contain fewer errors. By removing manual methods of data entry, companies reduce human error, and improve their data accuracy. This can have dramatic impact on a company’s bottom line, and products and services they provide.
- More complete: Mobile applications can gather more data than other methods. Paper forms can’t capture pictures, GPS coordinates, barcodes, signatures, and other essential items for today’s business. Mobile applications help you gather and process that extra information, creating richer data.
- More current: Many companies struggle with timeliness of their data. Manual data collection can be delayed by hours, days, or even weeks. Mobile applications can provide up-to-the-minute data, allowing for better decision making.
With mobile applications, companies can reduce waste and increase return. Your company experiences:
- More time: Mobile applications reduce the amount of time needed to enter inventory, track and find items, and assess operations, freeing up employees and increasing productivity.
- Reduced costs: By utilizing methods with more accuracy, you reduce the costs that can be incurred with error-filled data.
- More ROI: With more efficiency in your operations, your return on investment improves!
With mobile applications, companies can gain a clearer picture of their operations, enabling them to make improvements and better decisions. Mobile applications can be the catalyst for:
- Better insight into the field: Mobile apps provide data on inventory, products, and processes, but also on those that manage them. Companies can get a clearer picture of what their workforce does and how quickly they do it. This helps identify inefficiencies and opportunities, but also provides accountability for internal needs and external regulations.
- More consistent processes: Mobile apps can remove the widely varied and inconsistent data collection methods currently in play. They streamline and simplify, and help companies enforce best practices.
If you’re ready to solve your business problems with mobile apps, consider the tool that bridges the gap between off-the-shelf and custom apps.
TracerPlus helps you develop enterprise-class mobile applications for your needs at a fraction of the cost. The program offers customization, competitive advantage, scalability, and support, without the risk and high cost. And with our built-in partnership with Zebra Technologies, TracerPlus integrates with nearly all Zebra mobile devices and printers for a full mobile solution.
Read about companies who have discovered the benefits of TracerPlus. Ready to get started? Visit TracerPlus.com.